Thursday, July 29, 2010

Laws of simple nutrition

I thought I would pass on some excellent nutritional advice from a friend of mine.  These are some great rules to live by.
 
Subject: LAWS OF SIMPLE NUTRITION by Mike French

People are over thinking their nutrition and making it overly complicated. Your nutrition should be basic, simple and workable for a lifetime. Not something you do for 90 days and then switch to something else.


You notice I NEVER use the word DIET. DIET gives the impression that its not a lasting way of eating. I prefer to say LIFETIME NUTRITION. That being said, let's get right into it!


We all need to find the amount of calories and nutrient values (grams of protein, carbs, and healthy fats) that supports our Fitness efforts and goals. I call it


WALKING YOUR OWN PERSONAL NUTRITIONAL TIGHT ROPE

Here is what works best for me:

1. 2000 calories per day


2. 1 gram of Protein per pound of body weight


3. 150-175 grams of Carbohydrates


4. No limit on Healthy Fats


5. 3/4 to a gallon of water per day


6. Nutritional Ratios ~ 35% Protein, 30% Carbs, 34% Healthy Fats


Here are my basic LAWS OF SIMPLE NUTRITION:


1.) PROTEIN ~ The most important nutrient for building muscle & strength.

MIKE'S LAW ~ 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. No more than 200 grams maximum for men and 150 grams for women. Your body simply doesn't need more than that. 35% of my daily intake.

2.) HEALTHY FATS ~ Healthy Fats are needed by the body for energy, vitamin absorption, healthy skin, and necessary bodily functions. The various health benefits including reducing the risk of developing heart disease, Alzheimer's, depression, and cancer.

MIKE'S LAW ~ I don't recommend tracking or trying to control your fat intake as long as you are consuming only HEALTHY Fats such as the following:


1. Fish ~ I don't eat any fish at all, so I consume a Fish Oil Supplement every day.


2. Almonds - My favorite! I eat a serving of 24 almonds, every day.


3. Avocados


4. Flaxseed


5. Olives and olive oil


6. Peanuts and peanut butter - 5 ounces of nuts per week reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease by 35 percent. Another food that Tami and I consume every day.


7. Sunflower seeds


8. Walnuts: Have the highest levels of omega-3 fats.


Healthy Fats make up 35% of my daily Nutritional Intake.


3.) CARBOHYDRATES ~ They provide the body with fuel it needs for physical activity and for proper organ function, and they are an important part of a healthy diet.


MIKE'S LAW ~ I choose complex carbs in moderation. I eat all of the vegetables that I can (SHAKEOLOGY bails me out here!) I eat fruit every day. As long as you account for your fruit in your carb totals for the day you are good. Don't worry about the "Natural sugars" in fruits. Its natures candy, eat your fruit! Carbohydrates comprise 30% of my daily Nutritional Intake. (150-175 grams per day)


4.) WATER ~ Our bodies are comprised of 60 percent water. Your body depends on water. Water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.


MIKE'S LAW ~ I drink 3/4 of a gallon of water every day without fail. Some days a little more, some a little less. When I don't take in enough water, I can feel the difference.


5.) SUPPLEMENTS ~ Natural dietary supplements help us overcome nutritional deficiencies.

MIKE'S LAW ~ Supplements should be used to FILL IN THE GAPS of a healthy nutrition strategy.

Many folks try to use supplements to compensate for poor nutrition. This is a mistake. Think of your supplements like metabolic insurance for your healthy nutrition.

SHAKEOLOGY is by far the BEST supplement I have ever used. It provides protein, carbs, fiber, and an amazing array of vitamins, minerals ans other Super Foods.

My personal Supplementation includes:


1. Beachbody SHAKEOLOGY

2. Beachbody Activit Multi Vitamin/Mineral Formula
3. Beachbody Joint Support Formula
4. Beachbody Core Omega 3

Don't over think your Nutrition folks. Its not anything mystical or scientific. Keep it simple, enjoyable, and workable for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

P90X Day 1-90

P90X  Day 1-90
CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW ALL PHOTOS

P90X day 1-90